HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

FINALLY got here....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spreadman
New

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-10-20

PostSubject: FINALLY got here....   Fri 20 Oct - 8:59

I've been a fan of Spyz since high school when a friend lent me Harder Than You. Then Gumbo came out and it got regular airplay on my HS radio program.

I was listening to it (and a few other CDs) this past week and decided to do a google search for you guys and bam, here I am. I'm waiting for my next paycheck to buy up the rest of the albums I don't have AND the DVD.

Between you, Tower of Power and my older Pantera records, my neck will be deformed for life. Sadly I have yet to see y'all live. But I hope to change that soon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi Hazel
Special Sepia Guest Star

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2005-11-28

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY got here....   Fri 20 Oct - 9:37

Welcome to the family, Spreadman! Thanx for digging the music and supporting the band all the way back to HTY! No worries about never seeing us live, the dvd will give ya lots 2 take in when you cop it! Even better, we hope to see you where you live in 2007. Trying to make that stateside tour happen! Twisted Evil And it's great to know that we are in the alumni of neck tweakers with Tower of Power (always one of my faves Very Happy ) and Pantera (another fave Very Happy ). Power & grooves from different sides of the tracks, but both making your head nod and your neck snap affraid ! As I like to say, if the music makes you bang your head and shake your ass, it's alright with me lol! . Glad you got here!
with and live the way Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sepiaxl
Spreadman
New

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-10-20

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY got here....   Fri 20 Oct - 10:25

Thanks Jimi. A good friend of mine turned me on to ToP and I turned him on to you guys. And if you don't have the ToP Live: Soul Vaccination CD.....it's a must have. One of my top 5 albums ever.

I wonder how Spyz would sound with the Tower's horn section. Hmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: GREAT!   Sat 21 Oct - 9:14

Another one who found Spyz again! Cool...
WELCOME MAN!!!!
HEY ALL, this is Supa!!! Yeah yeah yeah, I've been away for a while, didn't show up to much here... I've been busy a lot... BUT NEVER EVER without the site and Spyz in my heart! *Jimi, you know it*...
I'm not on the forum that much anyway but once in a while I'm showing up here :-) I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL ARE WELL...
I'm fine, just had a lot of work to do and some physical issues to take care of...
All bizz, including Spyz bizz, goes on... LOVE YA ALL BIG TIME!
Peez and love from the Netherlands, Supa :-)
Back to top Go down
Lardinio
New

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: Just thought I show my support, for what it's worth ....   Tue 24 Oct - 9:49

Due to the wonders of MP3, ipod and itunes - yeah I'm a bit of a late starter - I decided to rip all my old CD's and a little fella called Strength in Numbers I've had since...... god knows when got pulled from the pit that is my early 90's CD box - full of great, great rock. I must have played it 100 times again now. What a classic album. It was Stuntman that got me hooked. Hardly surprising with a bassline like that. I jumped straight out of my TV, when I used to watch Raw Power at some God foresaken hour in the morning here in the UK some years back. My favourites from that album My Desire, Room 9, Stuntman take me back to when alternative funk rock (the way I describe it anyhows) was really up and coming, and it used to take me away from all the crap music around at that time. Good to hear you guys are back up and running. Will be keeping my eye on you. Good luck with the new album.

Lardinio
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi Hazel
Special Sepia Guest Star

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2005-11-28

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY got here....   Thu 2 Nov - 22:38

Thanks Lardinio! Always glad to know that we've been "discovered" again! Also glad to know that hearing tracks off of S.I.N. reminds you of a time that looked so bright and optimistic. I'm happy to say that we feel the same way now that we felt then and the music will continue for those that want to hear it! Cop the new disc and you'll feel just as good as you did in 1992! And hopefully we'll see you in 2007 in your part of the world!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sepiaxl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY got here....   

Back to top Go down

FINALLY got here....
Page 1 of 1