HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Status?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
M^2
Spyzttsburgh Fan

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2005-11-30

PostSubject: Status?   Wed 19 Apr - 14:25

Any word on the Electric Pergatory trip?

(sorry if i misspelled something.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kike Gimeno
24-7 Spainiac

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2005-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Status?   Sun 23 Apr - 3:16

There are some pics in www.electricpurgatory.com,but there´s not a chronic le of the gig yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.marcelluswallace.com
Jimi Hazel
Special Sepia Guest Star

Number of posts : 260

PostSubject: Re: Status?   Wed 26 Apr - 12:47

Hey Family! Let me say that ATLANTA WAS THE BOMB! flower flower flower flower The people were beautiful and the vibe was all love! The screening brought out a myriad of people, from students to old fans to grown folks who remember fondly what rock & soul used to mean! Lots of great questions and not enough time Crying or Very sad . The following day, there was an outdoor concert held on Spelman's campus. Watching the young bands tearing the joint up was a beautiful thing! At night, the indoor concert was held indoors at the King Chapel Auditorium on Morehouse's campus. Gimmie, 3-5-Human and 24-7 rocked the place HARD! Saw lots of old friends and fans that we hadn't seen since our last visit (1997 ) and once again, it was all love! The purpose of our trip was to help enlighten the next generation and in conjunction with the screening of Electric Purgatory, the history of ROCK and how BLACK people created it and eventually got shut out of it. Deep, Deep, Deep conversations were had before, during and after each night. THIS MUST HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!! I was amazed what so many young Black people DID NOT KNOW!!! is what I wanted 2 ask some, but it was better to answer and explain things so people could pass on the knowledge We may have 2 make our shows an educational outing, taking questions and answering them in the middle of our sets, lol! . I know someone is gonna ask what did we play, we stayed safe and played the staples:

Intro/Face the Day
Love 4 Sale
Yeah X 3
SoulSucker
Saturday
Grandma
JCT/ Superhero
Break the Chains
Stuntman
Jungle Boogie

And believe me, we had a BALL strecthing out! Rick & Tobias played some badass solos! Me, I played ok lol! ! The real shocker was trying to return home from ATL, only to have the airport be shut down and evacuated due to a bomb scare . I know we live in a world where things are constantly changing and minds are slowly being turned to mush, but if I could have gotten my hands on the asshole that did what he did, I would have fucked him up myself! Luckily, the authorities caught him first. Our 3:00 flights became 10:20 flights, putting me home at 1:45am! But I'm ALIVE.......and that's what matters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sepiaxl
bear
Fan

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Status?   Wed 26 Apr - 14:36

Any word on a UK tour?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi Hazel
Special Sepia Guest Star

Number of posts : 260

PostSubject: Re: Status?   Wed 26 Apr - 16:29

Hi Bear! There is a good chance that we will hit Europe for a full on Fall tour, finally hitting the UK! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy As things continue 2 be discussed and the moment we have confirmation, I will post the good word!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sepiaxl
le canard fou
Ze only Duck who listen 24-7 Spyz

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2005-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Status?   Thu 27 Apr - 7:33

It's good to read that everything is fine!!
The concert was at the airport?(the bomb)
lol!

I begin to make the chocolate cake for
your next visit in Paris!!

Until that day i'll

& KWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bear
Fan

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Status?   Sun 30 Apr - 4:46

Fantastic news on the UK Jimi. Can't wait, can't wait!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The new CD is an absolute winner. It'll be great to hear it live and to see you and Rick after all these years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Status?   

Back to top Go down

Status?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 24-7 Spyz Discussion-
Jump to: