Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vernon Reid in paris

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
le canard fou
Ze only Duck who listen 24-7 Spyz
le canard fou

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2005-12-13

Vernon Reid in paris Empty
PostSubject: Vernon Reid in paris   Vernon Reid in paris EmptyMon 30 Jan - 9:08

Vernon will play tonight at the new morning on 30 january monday!!
bounce le canard will be there!!
Back to top Go down
Shivering_Tom
Absolute Fanatic
Shivering_Tom

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2005-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Vernon Reid in paris   Vernon Reid in paris EmptyWed 1 Feb - 14:37

Yeah it was great! It's a damn we didn't meet us! Another day for a spyz show it would be great, crazy canard fou! Thanx for the picture anyway!

The show was great, the venue was a bit calm. Vernon playing kicked ass!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/atbobmusic
Pat..
Absolute Fanatic
Pat..

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2005-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Vernon Reid in paris   Vernon Reid in paris EmptyThu 2 Feb - 7:17

Shivering_Tom wrote:
Vernon playing kicked ass!

Vernon always kicks ass..
Very Nice man as well..

Vernon Reid in paris Plotchbl
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/suicidal_android
le canard fou
Ze only Duck who listen 24-7 Spyz
le canard fou

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2005-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Vernon Reid in paris   Vernon Reid in paris EmptySat 4 Feb - 11:08

That 's right, Vernon kicked ass! But all of them kicked ass! Much groove!!
Curtis Watts on drums was full of energy, Hank Schroy on bass was shy in attitude but not in his game and i really think that Leon Gruenbaum on synthétizer is the second star of this band! They played most of the second album, a strange version of psychotic friend, and a track of "pan africa?" (i think it's the first Vernon's Band)
I spoke with Leon after the show & he wanted to show me how his machines work but he was disconected from the amps! A great man this Leon Gruenbaum, a very humble man Exclamation He wanted to sell me his own album but i had no money! S..t! But a friend of mine bought it!
I had some communications problems with Curtis (i lost my words) and finaly i had some few words exchange with Vernon, but some people was already around him and wanted to ask him what type of strings he used and this type of absurds questions!! Suspect
It doesn't matter, he seems to be happy about a probably future show or tour with the Spyz ( in reality, i didn't understand all his answer, but i'm sure he says he'like to play with 24/7 Spyz, Damn' i have to work my english & maybe take lessons)
Hope you 'll have the chance-lucky to see them, it was their first date tour!!
You know what?
I'm happy!
http://img490.imageshack.us/full.php?image=vernonandhankschroy7ns.jpg

Vernon Reid in paris Lovemuch &

KWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWA[/img]
Back to top Go down
funkin' for fun
Super Fan
funkin' for fun

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Vernon Reid in paris   Vernon Reid in paris EmptyThu 10 May - 9:08

I was there too! (the 15th of February) Very Happy It was the Other true self tour, for the title of the last album with MASQUE indeed.

It's a very good album, which seems to be more powerful than the one before (as read on another forum). VR still has the sound of the Living Colour years of glory. They play other styles too. For example, there's a cover of National anthem from Radiohead and Enjoy the silence from Depeche mode. Of course, don't expect covers in the mood of the original tracks. I found National Anthem as good and maybe even better than the original!

There's still shred, reggae, african sounds, fusion jazz (I hope to use the good expression Embarassed ). It's very interesting and purely instrumental.

By the way, I read on the official site of LC that an album must be released this year. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vernon Reid in paris   Vernon Reid in paris Empty

Back to top Go down

Vernon Reid in paris
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Everything Else !-
Jump to: